Saturday, November 28, 2009

THAT'S Why...(hockey version)

I've really never been one to worry about my age. Other than the limitations of my body, I have always thought age was 'just a number.' Most of the time I don't mention my age because almost all of the people I 'talk' with online are younger than me--and I don't want to be dismissed as 'that old lady.' ;) So, why have I been so obsessed with my age lately? I finally figured it out: my birthday was coming up. And that day is today. I decided to end my constant age talk with today's post. And now I present you with: Things I Am Older Than and Things That Are Older Than Me.

Things I Am Older Than:
  1. every active NHL player
  2. Chris Chelios
  3. Joe Louis Arena
  4. Jacques Plante's original goalie mask
  5. the following awards/trophies: Pearson, Masterson, Jack Adams, Selke

Things That Are Older Than Me:
  1. the NHL
  2. the Original Six
  3. hockey
  4. the Stanley Cup
  5. Scotty Bowman

And now, for the first time ever online, I will reveal my age. On this day, 28 November 2009, I am celebrating my 55th birthday. I REALLY feel old writing that. :D

(I have a 'regular version' of this post over at my other blog.)

2 comments:

hockeychic said...

Just discovered your blog. Happy Birthday!

Remember - age is not important unless you are a wine or a cheese.

cmk said...

So happy to have you stop by!

And yes, age is NOT important. For some dumb reason I let myself get caught up in it recently--very unlike me. And I won't let it get to me again. ;)