Thursday, November 12, 2009

No Title--Can't Think of One

On Tuesday night I watched the game between Boston and Pittsburgh. The only reason I did was because we don't have Center Ice and this was the only game on. And it was on Versus. {shudder} All the way, of course, I was hoping that Boston would win--which happened--and that is only because of my extreme bias against Pittsburgh. Oh, who am I kidding? I hate the Penguins with a white-hot hatred. That being said, I did find the game somewhat interesting.

I don't watch a lot of Pittsburgh games--hell, I avoid them like the plague. But, I must say after watching that game that I STILL think the better team lost the Cup last year. I was not impressed at all with the way Pitts played. Not that Boston played tremendously better, just that Pitts played very lousy.

One player that I found quite ordinary during this game was Chara--I was not impressed. The game was probably half over before one of the announcers mentioned his name and I remembered that he played for Boston. How did he even get consideration for the Norris last year? The most that was said about him was that he was tall and had a long reach. Hmmm, I suppose that will get him consideration for the Norris again this year.

And, of course, how could I ever forget to talk about The Boy. I'm wondering if he was the flavor-of-the-month, so to speak, because there was very little talk about his greatness during the game. (And yes, I do know he is having an 'uncharacteristic' slump right now.) The announcers made very little mention of him--and this was on Versus! Also, he was not followed around the rink continuously as had been the case last year. The couple of times the camera actually followed him, he was chewing off an official's ear--typical--and I wonder if the ignoring is a PR thing. It is too early to tell, but it would be interesting if 'Sid the Kid' was fast losing his 'face of the NHL' label.

**********

And now we come to the Columbus game. Wow. As I posted on my Facebook status: My cat must think I heard from the vet that she is dying. I actually watched a Red Wings game and didn't threaten to drop kick her out the front window.

I know that some people look on a blowout game like this as boring. I however, would welcome many, many more boring games from the Wings if they could be like this. I will actually wake up in a good mood tomorrow--and I'm hoping the same can be said for Friday. My cat thanks the Wings for all their fine work tonight.

No comments: