Saturday, November 14, 2009

Oh, Boy

Quite a game tonight. When the score tied at 4-4, I called the final as 6-4. With the Ducks winning. And so it goes for my pessimism.

It is so good to see some high scoring games--they are too few and far between for the Wings. Also good is to FINALLY see a hat trick. Unbelievable that there weren't any last season.

And on a completely different note: what is with these players' wives and their hooker shoes/boots? I noticed Lidstrom's wife was on 4" high heeled boots--and every time a wife has been shown over the past few years, she is on stilettos. Even when I was young and had good feet/legs, I never wore heels like that. And on a good day I can stand a little over 5' tall. I don't understand it--but then, I'm older than dirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the wives feel insecure about their height because the husbands look so tall with their skates on. Or they are all raving mad whores.

cmk said...

But, but, but...MY husband is at least 10" taller than I am and I don't feel the need for height. But then, I'm so afraid of heights I don't like being as tall as I am. ;) And I guess I just am very secure in my shortness. Short people rule--despite what Randy Newman sings.