Monday, November 9, 2009

>:(

NOT a good weekend for hockey! While the Wings pissed away another game to the Leafs, I was at a Junior hockey game watching my beloved Rangers lose to an expansion team. It was very hard to see them lose the way they did, after winning so mightily the night before. Unfortunately, The Husband is on night shift this next weekend and I won't be able to go to the games. I am not pleased.

There just is nothing more that I can say about what is going on with the Wings than has been posted on many, many other sites. Williams wasn't exactly playing GREAT hockey, but losing another player to a long-term injury isn't a good thing at all. It is really getting ugly.

I don't necessarily mind watching the Wings go through a bit of a hard season--this will only make them stronger in the years to come. I still think they will be okay--NOT as Wing-like as we are used to, but okay nonetheless. What bothers me is the asshole fans of the unnamed asshole teams that I hate with a passion. They can only gloat over how things are going in Detroit--and not see how, even being as decimated as they are, the Wings are better and have more talent than most other teams in the league. I know I should grow a thicker skin, but it bothers me very, very much. But, this too shall pass.

2 comments:

Chris said...

CMK - you're from Marquette? Me too...small world.

-Chris (from NOHS)

cmk said...

Yes, been here for over 30 years already. Born and raised in the Copper Country!