Friday, December 18, 2009

Really Wondering

I watched last night's game, the way I have watched most of them this season, while I was multi-tasking. This seems to be the only way I can get through a game without worrying I might stroke out. However, last night I wasn't worried through most of it. I actually ENJOYED the game--and even after Z went down, I continued to not be worried. It was nice to enjoy a game for a change--and it has been VERY hard to do that for most of this year. And then the reality came to me this morning.

As it is being reported, Z is gone for a minimum of two weeks with a 'slight' shoulder separation. Never having a shoulder separate, I can't imagine that a 'slight' one would be all that much less than a 'complete' one--or whatever the term is. Just having another player go down is surreal. Not having paid that much attention to other teams and their injuries, I don't know how the Wings rank in terms of players being gone at the same time. But, I would think not many teams have come close to having this many of their top players gone at once. It is at the point that I can't even wrap my mind around it. Last night, Mickey Redmond said that anyone who hasn't watched a game in the last couple of months wouldn't even know it is the Wings playing by the names of the players. Hell, I watch almost EVERY GAME and at times I had to look up from what I was doing to make sure the Wings had control of the puck! I'm STILL trying to remember all of the new names.

At this point, I think I just want this season to be over. While the rest of the team has stepped up and is doing well, I just can't handle any more injuries. I want it to stop--NOW.

No comments: