Sunday, December 6, 2009

And Now What?

You know a team is in trouble when even its FANS start getting injured. I have sustained a lower body injury and exacerbated it by going on a weekend shopping trip. I am officially listed as day-to-day. (I can't believe I actually just wrote that!) Short story long: While cleaning to get ready for Christmas decorating, a book slipped and fell on my foot. The point of the spine hit the top of my foot, which promptly turned a pretty color. Walking on it turned the entire top of the foot, all the way to the toes, a pretty shade of black and blue. I don't think any bones are broke, but it hurts like a bitch. And I can't flex my toes without crying like a little baby. I don't want to have to see the doctor. One positive has come out of this: I actually forget about the suckfest that is the Red Wings every time I look at my foot.

This is definitely turning into the season from hell. I can't watch any of the post-game shows anymore, cause having to listen to "they played very well, only things didn't work out" or "the bounces weren't going our way" or any of the other excuses that are being made on a much too consistent basis. This isn't fun at all. I'm having a hard time explaining things to my non-hockey friends when they ask how the Wings are doing--there just are no words. And I'm really afraid it won't matter too much when the (barely) walking wounded return to the line up. A little too little, a little too late. But I will continue watching to the bitter end. I must be a masochist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"exacerbated"

Hehehehehehe

cmk said...

Does kinda sound dirty, doesn't it? :)