Sunday, April 4, 2010

UGH!!!, Part 2

I am genetically bred to be a pessimist.  (You would have to know my family to understand what I'm saying--compared to the rest of them, I'm the Good Humor Woman.)  So, today's Wings loss has me back in the depths of despair that I was in a month ago.  I know, I know, things really aren't all that bad.  After all, they weren't even IN the playoffs a month ago and now they just have to find out what position they'll be in.  Still, they lost a game.  And they lost to the same team they couldn't score on at all last week.  This makes me extremely nervous.

Many people would take my pessimism as not having faith in the team--and some would say I am just a bandwagon fan.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Sometimes I think I crave the doom and gloom, just so I can be pleasantly surprised when I am proven wrong.  And I can't change this far into my life.  (As the saying goes, 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks.')  Of course, if they beat Philadelphia, all will be forgotten--until the next game they don't play quite as well as I think they should.  My life is just so fun.  :D

**********

We were at the Rangers game tonight.  I'm very afraid--and this isn't just my pessimism talking--that we saw the last game they will play here at home this year.  They lost both games they have already played in the best-of-five and next weekend they have to play downstate.  For them to get into the next round, they have to win the next three games--and I don't see that happening.  It is sad, considering they won the division for the first time ever--and yet, they couldn't get going for the playoffs.  I DON'T have a happy.

Now, this MAY be my pessimism talking, but other people are saying the same thing:  we just may have watched the last Rangers game, ever.  (For us, that is--we don't follow the team out of town.) Word is that the owner of the team only began it so that his son could play.  His son is now aging out of junior hockey and rumor is that the owner is going to try and sell the team.  And considering there doesn't seem to be support of the team like there should be, I don't know if anyone will want to buy it--and that would mean it moves or completely disbands.  Again, no happy for me.  Oh well, I guess there are worse things in the world.


No comments: