Sunday, April 25, 2010

Feeling Tremendously Pissy

I feel for The Husband when I'm in one of these moods.  He doesn't deserve to be around me when I'm like this, but he DID vow to stick with me till the bitter end.  Little did he realize just HOW bitter things would become 36+ years later--but, he was young and in love and now he's stuck with me.  Such is life--and such is life when you're married to a hockey/Red Wing fan.

As everyone knows, I haven't been too hopeful about this series right from the beginning.  (Who am I kidding, I wasn't very hopeful all year long.)  The way this series has gone has caused me to be even deeper in my 'doom and gloom' mood  than usual.  So, when it was announced on Thursday that the Rangers had been sold and are leaving Marquette, any happy thoughts I would ever entertain having about hockey went right out the window.  Even though we have been anticipating the sale and probable move of the team for quite some time, I didn't expect to feel quite as horribly about the news as I have.  Actually, this news was as devastating to me--almost--as the loss of game 7 was last year in the Cup finals.  I really can't explain why I have been hit this hard by the Rangers leaving.  I guess this is something for me to analyze at a later date--I don't have the inclination or energy to do it at this time.

Unfortunately, the win by the Wings on Friday only gave me a minor lift in my spirits and I had hoped that our 36 hour road trip would do a lot to help my mood even further.  It didn't.  While it always is good to be with friends for a visit and good food (with some adult beverages thrown in for good measure), my shopping didn't go as well as planned.  Thus, I was well on my way to having today's game put me into a major depression--and it did.

I could have gotten over the depressing aspects of the game--at least a little--if it wasn't for The Brother and his asshattery.  I don't talk to the person I have to call my brother--we haven't spoken for over six years and THAT was an unavoidable exchange of approximately 20 words.  Before that, I don't remember how long it had been since we spoke--although, I believe the vitriolic emails he sent to me were about 11 years ago.  So, when I have to see his comments about the Red Wings on Facebook, it does nothing to lighten my mood.  Of course, he has to bring out that oh-so-clever 'Dead Wings' zinger and has to point out that the Wings are a 'has been' team and 'way to go Coyotes,' etc etc etc.  And all of this is going on as comments to my Oldest, as she laments the loss--and he just gloats and loves the pain that Wing fans are feeling.  Just a general, 100% pure, asshat.  That sums up my one-and-only sibling.  And people wonder why I stay as far away from him as I possibly can.*  And now I have to figure out whether I can stay on Facebook or not.  If Asshole continues to comment on my daughters' statuses, I just may have to close my account.  Too bad, too, as this has been a very nice way for The Daughters and me to communicate other than by phone.  Just another reason for my very bad, very horrible, very terrible mood.  {sigh and f&%# it all to hell}


*The Red Wings have absolutely NOTHING to do with my estrangement from The Brother or the rest of The Family.  The whole sordid thing is long and involved and I have only touched on it slightly in my other blog.  And I will not go into any of it here.  (To the absolute delight of the one or two people who may stumble across this mess that I update infrequently.  ;))

No comments: