Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm Ready

The countdown is going.  The playoffs start on Wednesday.  The Wings are in Phoenix.  And I'm ready.

--Red Wings shirts are all clean.  *check*

--Wine is chilling in the frig.  *check*

--Playoff bracelet is ready to accept 16 red beads.  *check*

LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN!!

Now, about my playoff bracelet.

I seem to have enough female hormones coursing through my body to keep me from being able to grow a playoff beard.  Despite the fact that the motto of my generation was 'sex, drugs, and rock and roll' and that we all were (borderline, at least) hippies in the day, I CANNOT let the hair on my legs grow instead of growing a beard.  So, I came up with another idea:  a playoff bracelet.  And this is what it looks like right now:


 (My goodness, but that pic is horrid!  My arm doesn't really look THAT bad.)



All through the playoffs, I add a red bead for a win and a white bead for a loss.  When the playoffs are over and the Wings have won the Cup, I then make a permanent bracelet.  The one from 2008 looks like this:

I'm looking forward to making a permanent bracelet in June--and hope it has a whole lot less white beads than this ^ one.  Go Red Wings.

No comments: