Sunday, July 1, 2012

Que Sera, Sera

I try to live my life with the philosophy that 'everything works out the way it should' and 'what will be, will be.'  Of course, anyone who knows me knows that I fall far short of this most of the time.  Yet, there are times that I can be calm about situations and the next few days don't bother me much at all. I am one person who is not about to slit her wrists with a wet noodle no matter where some of the available players happen to sign.  But I also know that there are a lot of people who WILL be ready to slit their wrists if things don't turn out the way they want.

To begin with, I have to say that I am sick of hearing about Zach Parise.  I was sick of hearing his name early in the playoffs.  Enough already.  However, I realize he is a big deal and will be talked about, so I deal with it.  Now, as for my opinion--which no one asked for--I don't think we will see him in a Red Wing sweater next year.  The Red Wings don't sign big-name players, they build them.  (The last time the Wings made a huge splash was when they signed Hossa, so I don't have much faith with this one.)  As long as he doesn't land in Pittsburgh, I don't really care what happens to him.

Ryan Suter is another story, for me.  With the retiring of Lidstrom and Stuart's leaving, the Wings desperately need to add to their defense.  Not only would it be nice to have someone of Suter's ability, it would be nice to be able to kick Nashville to the curb a bit.  This one I will watch a little more closely.

It most certainly will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.  I already know that Twitter will explode when 'the news' comes down and I only hope that it doesn't break.  But for me, I probably will be sleeping and catch up on what's happening way after the fact.  So, I will be sitting on the sidelines watching others live and die with the announcements--for me anyway, I'll wait and do my worrying come October.

No comments: