Monday, August 16, 2010

X-Files, et al

More proof that the off-season is too long and much too boring...

I believe in conspiracies.*  I don't always know the 'why' of a conspiracy, I just know they exist.  I am convinced that if we knew the things our government hides from us, then Warehouse 13, Eureka, and Rubicon would be considered documentaries and not fiction.  (I would add Men in Black to the list, but I'm afraid someone would call the men in the white jackets to come take me away.)  And now I have a new conspiracy to add to my list.

Many Red Wing fans--myself included--got peeved when Modano waited so long to decide on whether he would sign with Detroit, or not.  After the word came out that he WAS coming to the Wings, some things were said that made me believe there was a reason he waited--namely, there was an agreement between him and the organization to keep quiet for a month.  I really believe he told Holland the day after was wined and dined, that he would sign on for at least one more year.  But, for one reason or another, he was asked to NOT say a word about it till August.  And I think I have a couple of examples that back my opinion.  First, he was so adamant that there would be no news until after 5 August, but he 'broke' the story himself a couple of days early.  Okay, so that's a bad example.  I guess what really did it for me was reading (I don't know WHERE) that he was already leaking the news to different people at least two weeks earlier--and everyone who was told was sworn to secrecy.  This is enough to prove to me that there was a conspiracy.  And if you don't agree, BITE ME!  I'm bored and need to come up with SOMETHING to write about.  :D

*Sue me--I lived through Watergate, so I believe in conspiracies!  :D

No comments: