Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Awards

Unfortunately, Lidstrom didn't get the Norris this year--but most people didn't think he would. While it would have been nice--and I think he deserved it, even if this wasn't his best year--I'm happy it was Chara instead of Green that took it home.

Now, the good news: Datsyuk took the Lady Byng and the Selke. This is the fourth year in a row for the LB and the second for the Selke. In my mind, he should have gotten the Pearson and the Hart, too, but I do happen to be prejudiced.

I was pleasantly surprised that Iginla got the Mark Messier Leadership Award. I was so sure it was going to The Boy that I would have bet money on it if I was in Vegas. I think Iginla is a good player, however I DON'T like him when he plays against the Wings. ;) I always have thought that he would be someone I'd LOVE to have drinks with--he just strikes me as a fun person on a personal level.

A lot of people like Ovechkin--I don't. I put him on the same level with The Boy: I'm sick and tired of hearing about him. I find that I can't even try to see any talent in a player that is constantly being praised. It is very tiresome and boring. But, it wasn't surprising that AO got the Hart and the Pearson. And I still think that Datsyuk deserved them more.

No comments: