Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Griffins Lost

I believe it was early in the third period when one of the CBC announcers said something about the Leafs having 'so much confidence' to start the season, because of the way they are playing.  Oooookay.  They beat the Griffins by only two goals--and three of those came on the power play.  (Yes, technically one of them wasn't a power play goal.)  I really didn't see a whole lot to be confident about, considering they were playing, basically, an AHL team.  I didn't think the Griffins did too poorly.  If others disagree about my assessment, I would have to defer to them--I only glanced at the game periodically.  :)  Still, if the players develop well, the Wings are looking good in the years ahead.

All that being said, one thing that stood out whenever I did watch the game:  Jonathan Ericsson--and not in a good way.  He does continue to NOT impress.  I wonder how long the 'Jonathan Ericsson Experiment' will continue?  When will Babcock and Holland say 'enough is enough?'  Ericsson will NEVER inherit Lidstrom's throne--unless he has a fairy godmother somewhere that we know nothing about.  This will be interesting to watch as the season goes on.

Tomorrow, the last game of the preseason.  I should think a win will happen.  Six more days and it begins...

No comments: