Friday, October 15, 2010

Confusion

So many times, I won't make comments on games because I don't trust my judgment as to what I have seen.  I never played hockey and only started watching it because my high school boyfriend was a fan.  This DID lead me to love the sport, yet it hasn't been until recent years that I have actually WATCHED a game.  I now will analyze things a bit more and try to follow what is happening all over the ice, rather than having knee-jerk reactions to what I perceive to be happening with the play.  Still, I am so much of a novice, that I defer to others who know so much more than me.  And so, I don't post here very often.  I don't want this to become a 'girly' fan site--I'm much too old for that--and only post about my 'love' for the Wings.  But I also don't want to sound like an absolute ass by saying things that are ridiculous.  With that being said, I'm going to make a few comments about last night's game.

What the hell was that game about?  And what team showed up for it?  Granted, we're only four games into the season, but really.  From the first game to this one, it was two different teams out there.  It's as if the entire team has bipolar disease or multiple personalities--and the 'others' kick in for every player, at the same time.  I really don't want this to be another year of 'they did a lot of good out there' and 'we know we have to do better' statements from Babcock and the players.  It gets old very, very fast.  However, I will try and forget about this game as fast as possible and hope for a much better showing on Saturday.  It just is so hard when you know they are better than what they were last night.  {sigh}

No comments: