Thursday, March 4, 2010

Is It Over?

The rose-colored glasses are off. I can't fake it anymore. I'm ready to call it: The Wings will NOT make the playoffs this year. If by some unforeseen miracle they manage to get into the playoffs, I will eat as much crow as necessary to make everyone feel better, but I don't have any fears of that happening. The inconsistency, the total meltdowns, bad passes, turn overs, etc, etc, etc. Just doesn't seem like they want to do what is needed to get things done right. It makes me so very sad to see the difference in this team from two years ago--hell, from what they were LAST year. But, I can be optimistic enough to say "Next year will be the year they win number twelve!" I think big changes are in store for this team in the off season--and I'm sure there will be some surprises. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Lidstrom retire and for a lot of the players to wind up on other teams. There just may be a regular housecleaning--and even a new coach. So, will Ken Hitchcock be in Hockeytown next year? And we wait with bated breath...

No comments: