Sunday, January 6, 2013

Whip Me, Beat Me, Call Me Dirty Names

I was indifferent to the news coming out of the lock out, negotiations, and other bullshit that wasn't about games.  I told everyone that I had moved on and found other things to do with my time instead of sitting in front of the TV screaming at refs.  And yet today I am as giddy as a schoolgirl who is about to go out with the star quarterback:  my hockey is back!

It will be quite a long time--if ever--for me to forgive and forget.  But for now, I will ignore what the league and union put me (us) through.  The only thing on my mind is that I will be able to watch the Red Wings once again--and for that, I'm ecstatic.

So NHL/NHLPA, whip me, beat me, call me dirty names, I just can't quit you. And because I'm so easy, I almost hate myself.

No comments: