Thursday, February 25, 2010

And For The Gold...

I'm really making myself depressed, but I believe that Canada will win the gold medal in men's hockey. There. I said it. And the only thing that will make me even more depressed is for when it actually happens. {{sigh}}

I watched all of the games yesterday from beginning to end--well, had the TV on during the Canada/Russian game--and I think only the US has an outside chance of beating Canada. And I don't see it as being anywhere as easy as the first win. The two teams--Russia and Sweden--that I thought could beat Canada in a heartbeat, are out. That leaves the US, Slovakia, and Finland. Slovakia was a little like a dog with a bone--just wouldn't give up and managed to beat Sweden. However, it was NOT a decisive victory, for sure. After all, the winning goal was scored by Kopecky for crying out loud! The Finns just played with no oomph last night. And the first goal came late in the third period. Come on now, they can't play like that against the Canadians. But, I don't see Finland topping the US, so it is a moot point.

So, Canada will win the gold medal. And how do I know this? Because 'Sidney is carrying the Team on his back'--and this is according to some talking head that I heard. Canada--the entire country--thinks they are entitled to the gold and The Anointed One will be the one to win it for them. I'm sure Sidney will--if he hasn't already--given a grand and rousing 'rah, rah' speech in the dressing room, just to inspire his teammates. And they will win it for him, for their mothers, for Gary, and for Canada. After all, what more can you want or expect from a great leader?

No comments: