Sunday, September 27, 2009

SOME Things Are Looking Up

The Wings lost both pre-season games to Toronto. I recorded both and watched the second one tonight after coming home from seeing the local Junior team play. I don't know why I bothered. I keep trying to tell myself that these games mean nothing, that the Wings are playing their Grand Rapids kids while the other teams have their top guns on the ice, but it doesn't make me feel any better. I like when the Wings win and my day is shot to hell when they lose. The start of the season can't come fast enough for me.

The only thing that saved this weekend was going to the Rangers (our Junior team) games. There are some decent players on the team and they are a lot of fun to watch. I don't know if the two teams have some 'history' between them, but they sure went after each other--there were enough scrums, battles, and fights to keep even Canadians happy. Tonight saw all of the guys on the ice--except for the goalies--beating on each other, with six guys being ejected from the game. (Actually, I think a couple of Icedogs--the 'other' team--were ejected earlier in the game.) The Rangers won both games and are on top of their division. Granted, it is just the start of the season, but they are looking good.

We will be going to watch the Rangers more often this year than last. It gets me out of the house and makes me feel as if I actually have a life. I can miss a couple of Wings games--won't kill me. :)

No comments: